It’s time to be industrious!

This week was dramatic and busy. I faced several difficulties, but everything went smoothly in the end.

For my DH Praxis class, I luckily got a better understanding of my role as a project manager and group project in a relation to technologies.

My role

At first, I was overwhelmed to serve the manager role in terms of leadership. In my case, I joined the well-framed boat. Min and Tessa are clear about what they really want to accomplish for this class. Under these circumstances, I would rather support their ideas and help testing the functionality of coding. Currently, our team is having a technology issue which is the most essential part of our project. Learning programming languages and new technologies are difficult without having the background information. However, I got opportunities to expand my academic and occupational scopes. In particular, I get chances to know what fashion studies is. Fashion studies is interesting and interdisciplinary.

My activity 

My role is quite fluid. This week, I helped outreach part.

Since 2012, I have used Instagram. I am familiar with following users based on my interest and using hashtags. To do the project, I followed certain NY-based fashion brands and designers. I also followed my high school friends who graduated from FIT and Parsons. Most of them are working at fashion branding companies and retail stores as directors/ managers. In outreach perspectives, we should make our accounts more active and attractive. I found one useful Instagram user which is closely related to Sprezzatura and New York.

Screenshot_2015-03-11-12-41-31-1

Presentation on Tuesday

I will briefly introduce the background information on fashion which will function as an icebreaker and explain each team member’s role. Since I came from Sociology background, I will add sociological voice.

Improvement 

• COMMUNICATION
  • Always be open to hear
  • Take better quality of memo during the class discussion
  • Try to learn basic concept and function of Python
  • Fluid role playing
  • Support the developer
  • Collect references for our final reports
  • BE MORE INDUSTRIOUS !!!