As it goes

This week, I listened to the presentation conducted by CUNY Cast group. I compared between my group’s project and discovered similarities. CUNY Cast group was also challenged by technical problems such as using digital tools to synchronize the radio, documentation, tutorials, and approaching to audiences. They basically upload their conversation on the server.

Our group also has an issue of technology especially domain. Hope we will solve this soon.

I had a role meeting. I got great tips and feedback from other group project managers. HUAC group’s project manager, Chris introduced Trello which is an application of posting conversations among team members and documents. Our group members update their progress via emails. However, it is hard to go back and forth to check each email because other emails are compiled together.  I realized that team managers have to be “super” diligent. I always have to open my eyes and ears to track my team members’ new ideas and works.

Our group’s project are in a shape step by step. In the beginning, I was worried of doing the group project because I don’t have enough background knowledge of fashion studies and technologies. In reality, it is difficult to multitask among other works such as MA thesis, job hunting, job interviews etc… In this point, I become more comfortable of multitasking.

I should go over all the updates from our team members. Tessa mentioned “Robots Reading Vogue”, which is a DH project done in Yale University and related to fashion.

We are planning to use Phyton to pull the images from Instagram. #sprezzatura